We are residents of Kirkland, on the eastside of Seattle.
Our members are from a variety of backgrounds, political positions, and priorities. We come together to offer support to each other in trying to work for a more progressive and equitable society.
In a time when it can be overwhelming to keep up with the news, much less influence it, there’s great value in having a group of people to help share that burden. We focus on issues such as racial justice, climate change, health care, education, gun safety, voting rights, and immigration.
We amplify the voices of our members by:
- Interacting with our members of Congress, at both the state and federal levels.
- Interacting with local elected officials, including city council members, the city manager’s office, and LWSD school board members.
- Researching issues and legislation; sharing this research with the larger group.
- Attending community events, Kirkland City Council meetings, and LWSD School Board meetings.
- Working with other organizations — like Eastside for All, Eastside Embrace, and the ACLU — to further our goals.
To join our efforts…
Indivisible Kirkland envisions a just society.
Indivisible Kirkland’s mission is to promote progressive ideals in order to advance justice, equity, and inclusion through civic engagement at the local and state level.
- We advocate for equity.
- We pursue inclusivity.
- We strive to engage in acts of allyship.
- We deal in truth.
- We empower ourselves & other people to act.
- We interact with compassion, honesty, & respect.
- We practice self-care.
- We are a learning organization. We evolve.
- We promote democracy to build a more perfect union.
- We welcome those who share these values.
2020-2021 Priority Issues:
- Climate Change
- Gun Safety
- Healthcare & Reproductive Rights
- Civil Rights & Social Justice
- Affordable Housing
- Immigrant & Refugee Rights